NAMI Maine Family Respite exists to assist families by enabling a much needed break in the responsibility of caring for a child with significant developmental delays, and behavioral or emotional disorders.
NAMI Maine Family Respite Certified Providers are available to care for children with special needs in their communities so that their parents can get a break. Learn how to provide short-term relief for families of children with special needs. Earn extra income as you provide this valuable service. Get Certified Today!
NAMI Maine Family Respite has made several changes starting July 1st 2013:
- All families have reset to 16 hours available as of July 1st.
- Respite providers will now receive $10 an hour for level 1 services and $12.50 an hour for level 2. The per diem rate will be $100 for level 1 and $125 for level 2.
- Mileage reimbursement is now available as needed for providers traveling distances to provide respite service, not to exceed 100 miles roundtrip. This is for travel from a provider home to the family's home and back. Travel time is not billable.
- Providers may now work up to 30 hours a week.
- Providers will recieve $1.00 an hour (instead of $2.00) for each additional child they work with, up to four.
- A new respite service report form is available Here and a form to assist in tracking hour usage is Here
NAMI Maine Family Respite is a statewide program, funded by the Department of Health and Human Services. This service is provided under contract with NAMI Maine.
An application for NAMI Maine Family Respite can be found at, http://www.namimaine.org/respite.htm